Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Apparel, Accessories and More!

So this post is a little different than my *typical* ones.  I thought it would be a good change of pace. I love trying to find cute t-shirts, earrings, necklaces, etc. that are book/library related.  You'd be surprised how many items out there are fun and cheap!  Let me know if you like this post, and I'll try to do more or similar ones. :)

T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, baby clothing: Threadless is a great place to look (trying typing 'book' into the search box on their site). The prices range from $10-$20 for a t-shirt. They periodically have $10 shirts plus free shipping days too, so be sure to subscribe to their emails! Here are a few of my favorites!  These are all done by artists that Threadless sponsors.  I do not own any of these pictures.

1. Storytellers - Many sizes are available for women and men! yay!
 2. The Best Channel since 1465 - Available in women and men sizes!
 3. A Voyage of Discovery - Available in women and men sizes!


Over on Etsy (a handmade, craft online shop) you can find a huge variety of *book* related apparel and jewelry! Love it!  Here are a few to get you started! I promise they are only a *little* cheesy...*eye roll* (Sorry.. no pictures posted here; click the links instead!)

1. Vintage Dewy Decimal Earrings
2. Book Stack Necklace
3. Careful, or you'll wind up in my Novel... Necklace
4. Reader's Locket
5. Dictionary Definition Necklace/Charm
6. Book Lover shirt
7. Vintage Books only shirt
8. Jane Eyre Book Purse
9. Skakespeare Book Purse

The list could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on... you get my point.

Need to decorate your office, personal library, bedroom, reading corner, bathroom...pretty much any room...? Search for vintage book pages to see some really awesome *book page* art (paintings, garland.. not just the kind for your Christmas tree, wall accessories, bouquets/flowers, ribbons... so many options)!!

Don't forget to outfit your Kindle, Nook, iPad or other e-readers with a totally awesome and functional cover!  Here is a list of my absolute favorites on Etsy! My list is catered towards women, sorry boys.. you'll have to do some searching on the site. You can never have too many e-reader covers (just like shoes.. and purses.. and books.. )!  For more styles, patterns, sizes, shapes, etc. search for (insert name of your e-reader) covers on Etsy.

Also try BorsaBella designs! They have soo many different cases, purses, holders...etc. for e-readers, laptops, iPads.  Such a great site!

Can you tell I *love* Etsy yet? Ask TinyDreamer how much I love it.. She'll tell you I'm slightly *obsessed* with it.. but I think she is too!

Side note: Don't forget to check around the shops on Etsy that sell these items.  They sell other *book* related items too! Especially the book purses, there are sooo many different covers and styles! I had a book purse made for me out of a Baking and Pastry book (I'm a pastry chef too... O.o)!

Happy hunting! Have something to recommend? Please leave a comment or email me with *recommendation* as the subject!

No comments: