Friday, November 30, 2012

9 hours, 9 Persons, 9 doors

*Warning: The content below is for players over the age of 18 only.*

I started playing a new 3DS game lately called 999; 9 hours, 9 person, 9 doors - a visual novel video game.  This text adventure/visual novel 3DS video game is all about the story and puzzles.  Get all 9 people out alive, in 9 hours, by cracking all 9 doors.  I'm very intrigued by the story and can't wait to see how it plays out.
IGN gave the game a 9.0 (out of 10.0) rating.  Here's what they had to say about the game.

"999 is a text adventure game that follows the story of Junpei, a college student who finds himself involved in a deadly conspiracy. He and 9 others have been kidnapped and must play a series of deadly games to win their freedom...

In Nine Hours players only have hours before Junpei and 8 other kidnapped victims are drowned. Numerology, music composition and logic puzzles are just a few of the 32 + obstacles that stand in the way of their freedom. Then in 9 Persons Jumpei must uncover the mystery surrounding the lives of the captive characters and how their blurry pasts reveal a disturbing future. Finally in 9 Doors each hostage is cursed with a digital watch that displays their special number. These numbers are the keys to unlocking the 9 doors. Jumpei must explore his surroundings for clues to unlock the next door by picking up and examining objects in the different environments."
The game play is really interesting.  I'm not that far into it yet, but it is definitely a fun game.  If you enjoy horror novels, movie or games, you will love the story line of this game.  It is intriguing - but not for children.  I don't want to spoil it.  heh.  I was told this game is going to change my gaming life forever.  I have a feeling it just might do that.  I love puzzle games with a deep back story (Professor Layton is my favorite DS game series), so I want to see what happens with this one.  I recommend picking up this game for those gamers who like challenges too.  The puzzles are not the easiest out there!
I decided to share this game with everyone because it is based more heavily on the text than anything.  You will spend more time reading than playing - which I love about this game.  So...enjoy!  Let me know if you want a "real" review when I'm done playing.  Happy Gaming!

No comments: