Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Review Day: Treason

It's Review Day!!!!!!!!

Title: Treason (Grimoire Trilogy #2)
Author: S.M. Boyce
Rating: 5 stars!!

Book Blurb:

Ourea has always been a deadly place. The lichgates tying the hidden world to Earth keep its creatures at bay--for now.

Kara Magari ignited a war when she stumbled into Ourea and found the Grimoire: a powerful artifact filled with secrets. To protect the one person she has left, she strikes a deal that goes against everything she believes in. But things don't go as planned.

Braeden Drakonin can no longer run from who--and what--he is. He has to face the facts. He's a prince. He's a murderer. He's a wanted man. And after a betrayal that leaves him heartbroken, he's out for blood.

To survive, both Kara and Braeden must become the evil each has grown to hate. (end)


My Review:
*If you haven't read book 1, please click here and read the blurb before continuing.*

Another incredible adventure by the amazingly talented S.M. Boyce.  The story made me crave the need to read book 3 even more.  I am now an even bigger Grimoire junkie.  Book 1 was stunning, but book 2 was even better.  I loved the continued relationship between Kara and Braeden, the new relationships formed with other characters such as the vagabond and Flick, the enchanting world that is Ourea...the entire novel is simply perfect.  This series will be the new Bridge to Terabithia.

I was completely consumed by this novel - thinking about it while I wasn't reading it, loving every second while I was reading, and craving more all the time.  Confession - I even had dreams where I was a character in Ourea.  S.M. Boyce created a world that is so breath-taking and beautiful that you want to live there, becoming part of this epic fantasy story.  I couldn't get enough!  I stayed up way past my bedtime several nights to keep reading.  

This novel is absolutely as addicting as the first one, and picked up perfectly from where the first left off.  There wasn't an awkward pause or "oh yeah...THAT'S what happened in the first book" try-to-remember time - you just remembered.  I read book one months ago, but it felt like I read the series one right after another.  When an author executes their novels that flawlessly, it's incredible - and I know extremely difficult. Round of applause for S.M. Boyce for perfecting such a difficult concept and creating a new world that is so incredible.

I recommend this novel to anyone over the age of 14 (some sexual tension and intense fight scenes) who loves/d Bridge to Terabithia, The Chronicles of Narnia, or any other epic fantasy novels.

Watch the trailer to see what everyone is saying about book 1!

About S.M. Boyce:
S.M. Boyce is a fantasy and paranormal fiction novelist who also dabbles in contemporary fiction and comedy. She updates her blog a few times each week so that you have something to wake you up in the morning. 

She also has a B.A. in Creative Writing which, naturally, qualifies her to be pompous and serve you french fries.


Read more about S.M. Boyce here on ANSA!  Read more about the series here.

Purchase or win your own copy of book 2 from...
If you haven't read book 1 yet, pick up a copy from...
Keep up with S.M. Boyce and her incredible books on her website, Facebook, Goodreads, the official trilogy blog, the official trilogy website, and Twitter.  Happy Reading!

2 comments:

C.J. said...

Bridge to Terabithia...interesting comparison. I've never thought of that before but I can definitely see the connection. Nice review!

C.J.
Sarcasm & Lemons

HilyBee said...

Thanks! I was going more for the world within a world kinda thing, even though in BtT it's pretend and in the trilogy it's not. :)